New Store Hours
Our Store Hours are changing effective April 1st. Please take note!
Wednesday 10am - 4pm
Thursday 10am - 8pm
Friday 10am - 4pm
Saturday 10am - 4pm
Sunday 12pm - 4pm
(please see the About page of our website for the NEW Drop-In Help hours)
Squishy is a heavenly blend of merino and cashmere that lives up to its name. This hand-dyed yarn is such a dream to knit with, and comes in such a broad array of tonal colorways, that we decided to carry full and half-skeins at the store! The half-skeins are bundled in sets of five - a total of 835yds of yarn! Plenty to knit up an entire shawl or a child-sized sweater. These sets would make amazing sweater yokes too!
Pamela - Mariana, Nimbus, Clay, Rosebud and Plum
Katherine - Claret, Mauve, Madam, Shiitake and Frankle
Jennifer - Riot, Hibiscus, Elephant, Seafoam and Emerald
Elizabeth - Victoria, Dany, Bark, Keola and Herb
Juliana - Raspberry, Heidi, Irene, Au Natural and Navy
Pattern Ideas | Colourblind Shawl by Jana Huck, Lamina Wrap by Ambah O'Brien, Taurid Shawl by Taiga Hilliard Designs
Full Skeins Above (clockwise from top left) - Lapis, Lenore, Ballerina, Candy Apple, Pewter, Sexy, Seaside, Pesto
Yarncatcher Trunk Show Saturday April 6th!
Yarncatcher is one of our favorite indie dyers. Jacqueline's aesthetic is to die for (or is that to dye for?). Beautiful fingering weight that is perfect for so many projects. The yarn used for our Baubles samples is an example of Yarncatcher yarns and color combos. Come in and see all the beautiful choices!
If you're planning on taking our Baubles Shawl class with Pam Grushkin this would be the perfect time to pick out the yarn for your project!
Shown here - Bauble Shawl pattern by Andrea Mowry
News + Links
- Brooklyn Tweed is launching a new collection of marled colorways on April 10th! The new marls will be available in both Shelter and Loft. A free copy of the new Skipp Hat pattern will also be available with any purchase of two skeins of Loft!
- Making Magazine Issue 7: Desert will be available for pre-orders on April 1st. This issue is not to be missed, so reserve your copy soon!
- Do you ever wonder if your obsessed with knitting? Read 16 Signs You're Obsessed with Knitting to find out for sure.
- a North Carolina Water Fowl Group needs hand-knit, or crocheted nests for their baby birds. How sweet is this? Check out their website for information - including patterns and where to mail your finished nests.
- While on the subject of charity knitting, we have extended our deadline for Preemie Hats for The Tiny Miracles Foundation to April 31st.
Julie, WY's Do-bee and store wordsmith.